Gastropubs are pubs that not only serve great beer but also offer high quality food that pairs well with beer. The trend began in London in the 1990s and soon spread across the pond. In the U.S., gastropubs have also been leaders in the movement to use locally sourced ingredients and artisanal products.
As part of Long Island’s beer revolution, gastropubs have sprung up across the Island. Beer lovers can enjoy a wide selection of LI beers, often while dining on dishes that use beer in the recipe. Some of Long Island’s gastropubs are so successful that they are expanding to additional locations:
- PeraBell Food Bar – original in Patchogue, second location in Riverhead
- Tap Room – original in Patchogue, second in Massapequa Park
- Old Fields – original in Greenlawn, second in Port Jefferson
- Brewology – original in Speonk, second in Port Jefferson
- That Meetball Place -- original in Patchogue, second in Farmingdale
Check out LIBeerGuide’s full listing of Gastropubs by clicking here.